Monday 19 October 2009

Museum of Garden History

The Museum of Garden History in Lambeth is one of my favourite places.


I visited again last week with friends Hilary & David. The museum's home is in the former parish church St Mary- at-Lambeth.



John Tradescant's tomb can be found in the garden and the17th century knot garden is planted with many of the plants that the Tradescants grew.







The cafe serves delicious vegetarian food at very reasonable prices - soups, main courses and yummy cakes.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Wow, what a beautiful window..stunning! Lovely photos..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never visited a museum of garden history. I would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour - it is somewhere I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete