Monday 4 March 2013

The sun is shining and today it really does feel as though spring is coming. The last week has been bitterly cold. We were on the Isle of Wight visiting our son's family yesterday and it was just as cold there with icy winds. We went to the Chequers in Rookley to eat in the evening and I had a delicious 'veggie roast' from their carvery.  
 
My small grandson Bobby stayed with us for 2 nights last week. I took him to our local Farm Shop. As we arrived there I heard a little voice from the back of the car saying 'Polar Bears Nanna'. He had seen the alpacas ! He really enjoyed his visit especially as he was allowed to feed the chickens and look for eggs
 
 
Our first taste of spring last month was a visit to the Central Parks in Southampton
 
Here are some of the early spring flowers Bobby and I  saw there 


Victoria Garden in Farnham is a delightful Town Centre Garden. I visited it on my way home from 'Unravel' a fantastic knitting/crochet show held annually at Farnham Maltings


These Daffodils were one of the first signs of spring in my garden



 Broad Beans plants in a tub in the greenhouse


















No comments:

Post a Comment